Antwerpen!

Hi everybody,
after bad saturday,that will say that we lost again,on sunday I went to Antwerpen in Belgium!I was visiting my frends,familly De Mondt!I had great sunday with them,so thank u a lot Mark,Nikol and Bram!Anke we missed u!All afternoon we were walking in the city!It was great because Antwerpen is the most beautiful city in Europe(that is what I think)!There is a lot of things to see and visit!I will show u some pictures so maby one day some of u will visit Antwerpen!Also Antwerpen in this moment is very busy because of the Christmas!Christmas market is very popular and there u can buy whatever u want and need!The Christmas market with drink's and food is very popular :-)(hot vine and cactus-geneva,Nikol like it :-)!Anyway I had so much fun!And yes i get also a present from them,very nice sharp to worm me up here in Calais!Thank u very much!Here also a short story about Antwerp(tank u Mark that u helped me out with that):
HOW OLD IS ANTWERP?
Excavations have shown that there was certainly habitation on the bend in the river as long as the Gallo-Roman period(2nd or 3rd century A.D)Like many Flemish cities,Antwerp,grew up around two settlements:the'aanwerp' or 'alluvial mond' from the which the city probably derives its name,and a fortification...
The other story about how Antwero got his name is those of Giant,Antigoon whose hand was cut by Brabo...and throw the hand(hand werpen) in the river...
So if u want to finde oute more abour Antwer u can visit the site www.visitbelgium.com/antwerp.htp
I hope u will like it,i did!
What else i can say,exept just I can not whait to go there again!Hope it will be soon!






THE HAND
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home